Tuesday, May 5, 2009

8 weeks

I am happy today. Not that 8 weeks is a magical milestone, but I am happy because I am starting to believe I am pregnant. I know it may sound crazy but I have been trying so hard not to get excited that I didn't realize that it was actually working. Last Friday when I saw the heartbeat again at 166, I saw things from a new point of view. I saw my baby. So tiny and so new but I felt like I was withholding myself from this little guy( I keep saying guy). I felt sad for myself and the baby. No matter what happens, what is happening now is real and I am so happy to be here. I am still praying hard and taking special care, but here I am still getting great news on every doctor's appointment. I need to enjoy this. I need to start dreaming of the possibilities. I am already in love.

3 comments:

Open Roads Mama said...

Wow, that's one good heart beat at over 160s! Glad you're overflown with good news, do enjoy! :)

Emily said...

Happy 8 weeks! I think I need to take your advice this time :)

Dr.Rutledge said...

Hi Bee,

Glad to hear you are well and congratulations.

I'm a physician and former faculty member at Harvard and Stanford Medical Schools. I discovered your blog while looking for the best health writers on the web. I reviewed your posts, and think your writing would be a great addition to the Pregnancy & Fertility Community on Wellsphere, a top 5 health website that has nearly 5 million visitors monthly. If you would like to learn more about how you can join our Health Blogger Network, republish your blog posts and be featured on the Wellsphere platform, just drop me an email at dr.rutledge@wellsphere.com.

Cheers,
Geoff